April 10, 2016
MARATHA KINGDOM/ BHONSLE DYNASTY
- ‘Chatrapathi’ Sivaji, Greatest ruler among Maratha’s.
- Father: Shaji Bhonsle, Mother: Jijiyabhai, Guardian: Dadaji Kandev
- Spiritual Guru: Samarda Ramadas
- An exponent in “Guerrilla Warfare” techniques.
- Defeated Afzal Khan of Bijapur (1659 AD)
- Defeated Military General of Aurangzeb, Shaistha Khan (Surat) in 1664.
- Introduced new taxes Chauth (1/4th revenue from areas under Sivaji’s rule), Sardeshmukhi (1/10th revenue must be paid to King).
- His court has ‘Ashta-Pradhanas’ (8 Ministers)
- Peshwa : Prime Minister
- Amathya : Finance Minister
- Mantri : Home Minister
- Sumanth : Foreign Minister
- Sachiva : Royal Correspondence
- Senapathi : Military Chief
- Nyayadish : Judiciary Chief
- Panditarao : Religious Head